MaxedOutMama: How Did We Get Here?
Great explanation of how multiple Congresses and multiple Administrations aided and abetted the pigmen - aka Wallstreet - in ruining the economy through the mortgage/housing bubble.
Special focus on the failure of the SEC to provide independent securities ratings, which would have stopped this in its tracks.
Also focuses on how Gramm-Leach-Bliley - passed by a Republican congress and signed by Clinton after massive Citigroup lobbying - removed previously existing controls that stopped this from happening in the past. The "Gramm" is Phil Gramm, of fame for his comments that "Americans are whiners" for complaining about the "mental recession". Gramm is also famous for having been John McCain's chief economic advisor and campaign co-chairmen at the time of those remarks.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” - Bob Marley
Violent Black Mobs
Terrorism and Radical Islam links
- ► 2009 (37)
- Right Wingnut Myths 2: The Democrats Prevented GSE...
- Right Wingnut Myths: "The CRA Caused the Subprime ...
- It's Not A Coincidence!
- Is it Naive for Obama To Meet Ahmedinijad?
- More Evidence Against the SEC "Regulation"
- The De-Liberative Definitive Presidential Debate R...
- Hank Paulson as "419" Scammer
- The Liberative Bailout Plan: Fuck 'Em All
- Say NO to the Mortgage Bonds Bailout
- For All You Recession Denialists, Part 2
- Another 3 Days of Murder, from The "Religion of Pe...
- For All You Recession Denialists
- MaxedOutMama: How Did We Get Here?
- How Bush Fights Terrorism
- Support The 2nd Amendment Rights of D.C. Residents...
- 2nd Thoughts On McCain
- September 11, 2001
- Media Bias? No way!!!!
- Bill Whittle Rules!
- Most Recent 3 days of Islamic Terror
- ▼ September (20)
- I'm a 57 year old geek. I voted Democratic for 20 years, because I disliked the Republicans more. But now, nobody really speaks for me. I'm for Guns, for more correct government regulation of the financial world, against illegal immigration and amnesty. (in 2008 I ended up voting Republican - too many questions about Obama, and voting against anybody who voted for TARP 1.) In 2010 I voted a stright republican ticket because the Democrats have completely lost their minds.