"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” - Bob Marley

Friday, September 12, 2008

2nd Thoughts On McCain

In a previous post I wrote that McCain was not fit to be president, based on my perception of his support for Bush actions and assertions which I consider to threaten our most basic freedoms and move us to statism.

I am still working out how the AUMF and the MCA and the DTA and the SCOTUS in Quirin and Habeas Corpus in the Constitution interact. I can say it's more confusing the more I look.

But it has occurred to me that aspiring dictators of every stripe support and impose gun control - and John McCain opposes it and, in choosing Sarah Palin, has reaffirmed that position.

Dictators don't let the people have guns - because that makes them citizens, not subjects.

Obama's views on this are well known - he'd make gun ownership damn near impossible if not outright illegal - all in the name of "common sense" while claiming to "support" the second amendment.

I got some thinking to do.

.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

I'm a 57 year old geek. I voted Democratic for 20 years, because I disliked the Republicans more. But now, nobody really speaks for me. I'm for Guns, for more correct government regulation of the financial world, against illegal immigration and amnesty. (in 2008 I ended up voting Republican - too many questions about Obama, and voting against anybody who voted for TARP 1.) In 2010 I voted a stright republican ticket because the Democrats have completely lost their minds.