"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” - Bob Marley

Friday, June 27, 2008

DC v Heller Decision - At Last!

Holy cow - the Supreme Court can read! And write!

One still is left to wonder why this was not unanimous, as in

Which part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" was not clear?

Scalia sounds like he was cribbing from Guncite and the Second Amendment Foundation.


Stevens's dissent is pathetic:

Justice John Paul Stevens wrote that the majority “would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers made a choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to regulate civilian uses of weapons.”

Uh, yeah, that's right. That's what the Bill of Rights is for - to limit the tools available to the tools. So nice of you to notice, schmuck.

Me and my buddy celebrated by going to the range and putting 500 rounds through my Beretta 92G. Too bad the only place I can shot the AK is 3 times as far away.

Of the majority, Scalia and Kennedy were appointed by Reagan, Thomas by Bush-41 and Roberts and Alito by Bush-43. (Ironic that W didn't really support this decision.)

Looks like today, at least, I'm a conservative. (But I still think the government belongs in the Board Room more and the bedroom not at all.)

The Dishonorable Mayor Daley in Chicago is fuming - he knows he's next.

Obama is engaging in slimy fancy footwork - while pretending to uphold the Second Amendment, he never met gun control he didn't like and he has met some whoppers.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a 57 year old geek. I voted Democratic for 20 years, because I disliked the Republicans more. But now, nobody really speaks for me. I'm for Guns, for more correct government regulation of the financial world, against illegal immigration and amnesty. (in 2008 I ended up voting Republican - too many questions about Obama, and voting against anybody who voted for TARP 1.) In 2010 I voted a stright republican ticket because the Democrats have completely lost their minds.