"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” - Bob Marley

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Can't Make this Stuff Up, Number 1

Good thing I'm not tagging yet, my brain would have exploded on this one.

Hat Tip to bacon dreamz in the comments on Calculated Risk I presentL

The Rapture Index

The following are, I swear, direct copy and paste from the site at http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html :

The Purpose For This Index

The Rapture Index has two functions: one is to factor together a number of related end time components into a cohesive indicator, and the other is to standardize those components to eliminate the wide variance that currently exists with prophecy reporting.

The Rapture Index is by no means meant to predict the rapture, however, the index is designed to measure the type of activity that could act as a precursor to the rapture.

You could say the Rapture index is a Dow Jones Industrial Average of end time activity, but I think it would be better if you viewed it as prophetic speedometer. The higher the number, the faster we're moving towards the occurrence of pre-tribulation rapture.

Rapture Index of 100 and Below:  Slow prophetic activity
Rapture Index of 100 to 130: Moderate prophetic activity
Rapture Index of 130 to 160: Heavy prophetic activity
Rapture Index above 160: Fasten your seat belts

I was thinking this must be satire, but no, there is a home page with

Rapture Ready News End time related events (Daily)
Nearing Midnight In depth weekly commentary (Aug 4)
The Rapture Index A Gauge of the end times (Aug 4)
Israel Watch God's prophetic time clock (Aug 4)
Interesting E-mail Both the pro and the con (Aug 4)
End Times Top Ten A ranking prophetic news (Aug 4)
Rapture Ready Bulletin Board A place to fellowship


It goes on, but I can't.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a 57 year old geek. I voted Democratic for 20 years, because I disliked the Republicans more. But now, nobody really speaks for me. I'm for Guns, for more correct government regulation of the financial world, against illegal immigration and amnesty. (in 2008 I ended up voting Republican - too many questions about Obama, and voting against anybody who voted for TARP 1.) In 2010 I voted a stright republican ticket because the Democrats have completely lost their minds.