"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” - Bob Marley

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

C-SPAN: IRAQ WAR VETs

http://www.c-span.org/iraqwarvets

My God, these soldiers are amazing.

4 soldiers, each lost one or more limbs. Each interviewed in 2005 and again in 2008.

Watch or read the transcript for Erasmo Valles. No transcript for the second one as of this writing - but at one point he states that he wants to study education and criminal justice so he can work with troubled kids - so he can "give something back".

He served for years, he lost a leg and he wants to give back. What an amazing example of a great human being.

God bless and save our troops everywhere.
.

No comments:

About Me

I'm a 57 year old geek. I voted Democratic for 20 years, because I disliked the Republicans more. But now, nobody really speaks for me. I'm for Guns, for more correct government regulation of the financial world, against illegal immigration and amnesty. (in 2008 I ended up voting Republican - too many questions about Obama, and voting against anybody who voted for TARP 1.) In 2010 I voted a stright republican ticket because the Democrats have completely lost their minds.