"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” - Bob Marley

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Problem With Liberals...

The Problem With Liberals is not just what they take from Karl Marx.


Perhaps more harmful is what they take from Lewis Carroll:



"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
- Lewis Carrol - Alice in Wonderland.

Because that is what is required to be a Liberal - magical thinking.


Like "Diversity is Strength" - yes, because if we can just import enough illiterate, somewhat stupid, non-assimilationist Mexicans - or better yet, Somalians, who add  Islamic ignorance and hatred, and may be even stupider - we will get enough diversity that we can beat everything. 



Just getting started here.

Update: 23 Dec, 2011:


More "believing the impossible" by that great intellect Whoopi Goldberg:

If you say that this is how our culture is and then you send your child to a Swiss boarding school — you know, this is what happens with communism.
She concedes that communisim cannot provide services even to it's elite.
It’s a great concept. On paper it makes perfect sense. But once you put a human being in power, it shifts. We saw it in Russia, we’ve seen it all around the world. It’s nuts.
She concedes it is flawed for use by actual human beings, and has massively failed every where it's been tried.
But, I keep my fingers crossed.
But still, she believes. Because the 10s of millions killed by starvation and death camps in the Soviet Union weren't enough.  The 10s of millions killed by the Chinese weren't enough.  The millions killed by Pol Pot were not enough.  If you just keep your fingers crossed, eventually a system - a system  which she concedes is unfit for human use - will work somewhere.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I know some people who still believe in communism ("If we all just had the same morale and agreed not to take advantage of this system, it would work"). What type of system is fit for human use, in your opinion?

bobn said...

Hi, Emma,

Economically, I think free markets, with some oversight, do a pretty good job of allocating resources. Some oversight is needed to keep things transparent and deal with externalities, such as pollution. Something like the US was from 1945 through 1980 or 1990. I'm not a Laissez Faire guy, but I might not be far from it. Certainly things were insanely loose in the early 2000s in the US.

Politically, I like representative republic, which also is what the US was supposed to be.

I don't like unaccountable concentrations of power, so I don't like mega-corporations or mega-governments.

Right now, things look bad.

About Me

I'm a 57 year old geek. I voted Democratic for 20 years, because I disliked the Republicans more. But now, nobody really speaks for me. I'm for Guns, for more correct government regulation of the financial world, against illegal immigration and amnesty. (in 2008 I ended up voting Republican - too many questions about Obama, and voting against anybody who voted for TARP 1.) In 2010 I voted a stright republican ticket because the Democrats have completely lost their minds.